While I have been training, coaching and speaking on Scrum for years now, it was a totally new experience filming a video of this type. My producer Irene Magafan from RHED Pixel was a huge help it getting me through the three day shoot and the rest of the team did a great job filming and editing the final result.
This video has over 3 hours of content from my "Agile Software Development with Scrum" training class we deliver at Holland Square Group and covers the following topics:
- History of Agile and its values and principles
- Basics of Scrum including roles, artifacts, and events
- Starting a Scrum Project
- Managing your Product Backlog
- Writing good User Stories
- Agile Estimation and Planning
- Prioritizing work
- Working as a Scrum Team
- Planning for a Sprint
- Executing and tracking work in a Sprint
- Agile engineering principles and practices
- Integrating QA into Scrum
- Dealing with bugs
- Delivering a product increment
- Inspecting and Adapting your process
I am very happy with how it came out and I think it gives a solid overview of implementing Scrum. It's a great option for educating team members new to Scrum where sending them to instructor led training is not an option. You may also want to incorporate it into your onboarding process and is something you can use with off-shore teams as well.
Playing by the book SCRUM can be a good fit for few projects; few companies tailor the methodology to meet their needs. However it’s important to play by the book at initial stages of the project so that the fundamentals are understood & approach adopted. Also it’s absolutely necessary to stick to the core SCRUM principles.
Post a Comment