Saturday, March 29, 2008

Little Rock Tech Expo

Last Thursday I headed down to Little Rock, AR with John Kellar to speak at their Tech Expo 2008 conference. Terry and Larry who run the Little Rock .NET User Group did a good jump reviving the conference after a one year hiatus. Attendance was around 130 with 3 tracks in the morning and 2 tracks in the afternoon. The facility on the campus of University of Arkansas was great and the weather was perfect. I did two sessions, "Scrum in TFS" and "Zen and the Art of Customizing TFS". My Scrum in TFS presentation became more of a general session about adopting Scrum from the audience's questions. Other speakers included the fore mentioned John Kellar, Mike Neel, Wally McClure, Dave McKinstry, Todd Anglin, Randy Walker, Alan Stevens, and Raymond Lewallen. I had some good discussion with Dave around TFS/VSTS and Scrum that gave me some good ideas for some other more focused sessions. All in all it was a good time and I hope to speak again next year.

No comments: